Friday, April 1, 2011

Certainly Celery

I can't believe how many days flew by since my last post! It's been crazy busy here... too many things to do, not enough hours in the day :(
On the upside, I had a super fun class Tuesday night, and a great visit with my Mother-In-Law this week. Now, if only I were ready for Friday night's class...


Certainly Celery is a "must have" color for your collection - It works well with so many other colors :) The "Dynamic Duo" listed on the Color Coach is Certainly Celery and Old Olive. What a great combo!!


This is a card from one of my Technique Tuesday classes. We used the Notably Ornate stamp set and the colors in the "Creative Combination": Certainly Celery, Soft Suede, and Pink Pirouette. I LOVE how these colors look together. The subtle background on the Certainly Celery card stock is dry embossed on the Big Shot using the Perfect Details Texturz Plate, and very lightly sponged with Soft Suede ink. The largest image is stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock with Soft Suede ink. To create a more vintage look, the image is torn out (rather than cut with Snips). The edges are slightly curled up and sponged with Soft Suede ink. After stamping the bird image in Pink Pirouette ink, the Color Spritzer Tool and my Soft Suede marker went to work. The sentiment is punched out with the Modern Label Punch, and matted on a scrap of Soft Suede card stock which was die cut - on the Big Shot of course ;) - using 1 of the Punch Windows and the Movers & Shapers Bigz XL Die.


This 3x3 card features colors from the "Getting Started" Collection: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, and Marina Mist. My Big Shot went to work for me on this one :) The dry embossed background on the Whisper White card stock is from the Square Lattice Embossing Folder, and the amazing butterflies are cut out and dry embossed at the same time using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...