Friday, April 15, 2011

Cherry Cobbler

When I saw Cherry Cobbler the first time, it was love at first sight. It was the shade of red I'd been waiting for! It is the perfect shade of red for your projects with a 'vintage feel' - especially Christmas and Valentine projects.


The "Dynamic Duo" colors on this 3x3 card are Cherry Cobbler and Riding Hood Red. To get the varied color on the flower, I used the 'rock & roll' technique. First, I inked the stamp in Riding Hood Red. Then I stamped off onto scratch paper, and rolled the edges (with the stamp at a slight angle) in the Riding Hood Red ink. Finally, I rolled the edges (with the stamp at a steep angle) in Cherry Cobbler ink. When using the 'rock & roll' technique, it is important to remember to ink your stamp with the lightest color first. The flower image is from Petal Pizzazz, and the sentiment is from the Silhouette Sentiments Hostess stamp set.



The "Creative Combination" colors are Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Early Espresso - which are all new colors introduced in July. The images are from the Eastern Blooms stamp set... one of the sets I got in my Convention bag a few years ago. I used Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso markers to ink the branch image. The sentiment is from the Thank You Kindly stamp set. I love the look of these three punches layered together: Decorative Label, Scallop Oval, and 1-3/4"x7/8" Oval.
Click here to see another card using these "Creative Combination" colors.


The "Sweet Set" colors are Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, and Night of Navy. I used markers to ink the Ornate Blossom stamp. I like how the Pumpkin Pie card stock punched from the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch peeks out along the bottom of the focal point. The sentiment is from the Curly Cute stamp set.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...