Friday, April 8, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie has always been an easy color for me to use... then I met my match with the Color Coach. For some reason, I struggled with the combinations suggested on the Coach. It took me a while, but in the end, I created two cute cards that I was really happy with. Once again, the Color Coach is winking at me saying, "see, I told you those colors would go together!"


When I sat down to work on a card using the "Creative Combination" colors, I was really stumped. I pulled out a ton of products... stamps, ribbons, buttons, etc. Nothing was working for me. So I looked around my stamp room hoping for inspiration. My eyes settled on a card my 7yr-old made for me a few weeks ago:
So the card my son made, became my inspiration for this card:
I really like how it turned out :) The "Creative Combination" colors are Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, and Real Red. The images are from the Choo Choo stamp set and the Right on Track wheel; the sentiment is from the Family Phrases stamp set.



The "Getting Started Combination" colors (Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, and Daffodil Delight) were a little bit easier for me to work with. I am super happy with this card layout! I will definitely be using this layout in a class I am teaching in June for Carthage College's alumni event. If you don't already have the Create a Cupcake stamp set (wood 121915 $22.95 or clear 121982 $16.95) and the coordinating Build a Cupcake punch (121807 $16.95)... well, you need to get them! They are on p22 of the Occasions Mini Catalog, which ends April 30th.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...