Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bravo Burgundy

Well, if you were to ask me to choose 1 SU color I could live without... it would be Bravo Burgundy. It's nothing against SU... I've just never been a fan of burgundy. It might have something to do with an old '79 Malibu station wagon in that color... but that's another story for another day ;)
Anywho... I challenged myself to use this color on both a masculine and feminine card. I'm really pleased with my results :)

The "Sweet Set" colors are Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, and Crumb Cake. Since this is a masculine card, I wanted a lot of texture. The layer of Bravo Burgundy is crumpled and distressed, then I applied ink directly from the ink pad to the card stock. The layer of Crumb Cake is dry embossed using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. Can you guess where the square background on the Very Vanilla card stock came from? I inked my clear block (size D) in Crumb Cake ink and 'stamped' it onto the card stock! No uni-taskers in my stamp room ;)
The images are all from the Autumn Days stamp set. Like how the hemp twine takes the place of ribbon? I even added texture to the hemp twine by tying knots along the length.
*Note: if you are going to try the knotted twine at home, it takes more than you think. I used a piece of twine that was double the width of the Crumb Cake card stock.



You might have noticed there was no post yesterday. That's because I will admit I was really struggling with the "Creative Combination" colors: Bravo Burgundy, River Rock, and Baja Breeze. I started playing with this color combo on Thursday, but it wasn't until Saturday night that I found my burgundy mojo. But once I found my stampin' groove, I was a happy girl. In the end, I actually love how this card turned out :)
I used the Clearly for You stamp set, which I got for FREE at Leadership :) The square with the birds was inspired by one of our Leadership Conference 'make & takes'.
Each section is a 1-1/8" square. I used a layer of Bravo Burgundy card stock (4" x 5-1/4") and squares of River Rock, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla card stock, as well as squares of First Edition DSP (121878 $11.95).
The birds are stamped in StazOn ink, traced with a River Rock marker, and painted with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806 $5.95) and an AquaPainter. The crown image was first stamped in River Rock ink. Then I 'inked' the crown stamp with the Shimmer Paint and a Sponge Dauber, and stamped on top of the previously stamped image. Baja Breeze Seam Binding and two sizes of the Basic Pearls (119247 $4.95) add the perfect feminine touch.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards.. really inspiring! I fancy doing a printers' tray with this set now.. similar style to your 2nd card. Lovely work! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...