Saturday, April 9, 2011

Peach Parfait

When this color was introduced as 1 of the new "In Colors"... well, I was a little less than thrilled. I've never been a big fan of orange, and I already had Pumpkin Pie. Then I started using Peach Parfait in my projects... wow! How my feelings have changed. I kinda feel like asking SU if Peach Parfait could stay on down the road as a core color. Personally, I think it would play nicely with the other colors in the Subtles Collection. But, I'm not the boss, so I will enjoy using Peach Parfait until June 2012.


The Color Coach lists the "Dynamic Duo" as Peach Parfait and Cajun Craze. The Peach Parfait Designer Series Paper is from the Sale-a-Bration DSP and Accents package. Both sentiments are stamped in Cajun Craze ink from the Thank You Kindly stamp set. I used three Punches to create the flower layers: Fancy Flower, 5-Petal Flower, and the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch on a strip of Cajun Craze card stock. Since I couldn't decide which card layout I liked better, I made both. Which orientation do you like better?


This is a card from my Spring/ Easter card class held in March. We used the Sale-a-Bration DSP and a stamp from the Sale-a-Bration set Punch Bunch. Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, and Not Quite Navy - the "Creative Combination" - markers were used to ink the stamp.


The "Sweet Set" colors are Peach Parfait, Baja Breeze, and Riding Hood Red. I used those colors of markers to ink this image from the Cute by the Inch Hostess stamp set. The DSP on the bottom of this card is also a Hostess choice :)
Now, you are surely wondering where I got that super cute shape cut from Riding Hood Red card stock, that layers nicely behind the Scallop Square???... from my scrap drawer, of course ;)
This neat shape was leftover from a treat pouch I made using one of the Holiday Windows (116821 $29.95 - set of 4) and the Movers and Shapers Bigz XL Die (114506 $42.95). This shape is the "window" that was cut out. And you can't toss something that cute out... I knew that "someday" it would come in handy! :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...