Sunday, April 3, 2011

Very Vanilla

One of my favorite Big Shot Dies is Fun Flowers. So for today's post, I thought I would make both cards using this Bigz L Die, but with two totally different looks :)


As I started playing around with the "Creative Combination" colors - Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, and Rose Red - I started thinking about one of my upcoming classes. I ended up with this card, which is even prettier in real life (it's difficult to capture the shimmer on the flower in a photo). I can't wait to share this at the "Girlie Girl" card class!
I cut the flower from Rose Red card stock on my Big Shot. Then, I spritzed the pieces with water to make distressing them easier. After the pieces were dry, I sponged the edges with Rose Red ink and spritzed them heavily with my Frost White Shimmer Paint mixture. A Very Vanilla Vintage Flower Adornment is the perfect finishing touch.


This simple card went together quickly. The "Sweet Set" colors are Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, and Not Quite Navy. I used the Paper-Piercing Tool to add the border around the edge of the Not Quite Navy card stock. The flower center is a 5/8" Jumbo Brad.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the look of the top card. Very elegant. I used my color coach the other day to help me figure out a color combination. Great tool I often forget about. Love your idea of going through colors. Great blog and especially the header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue :) I use my Color Coach a lot. Even if I don't end up using the exact suggestion, it gives me a starting point. I might use two of the suggested colors, and then swap one color for a slightly different shade.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...