Thursday, October 25, 2012

Stink, Stank, Stunk!

I don't usually create punch art projects... I leave those to the experts. But I was playing in my stamping space when this idea came to me, and it just had to be done
This Christmas card is for my hubby. He can be quite the Grinch at Christmas time, which I don't get. I mean, what exactly does he have to get stressed about? Buying all the gifts? Wrapping them? Preparing Holiday meals? Decorating? I do all that! And I still walk around with a big old goofy smile on my face while singing Christmas songs. I think he'll be getting this card the day after Thanksgiving with a friendly note inside ;)
Hilarious, right???!  And I'll bet you're still singing the song... I am  :) 
To make the card base (Grinch's face) I folded 8-1/2" x 4-1/4" Lucky Limeade card stock in half. I die cut it in the Big Shot using the Top Note Bigz Die, making sure that the folded edge did not get cut. 
Here's what I used to make the rest of Mr. Grinch...  

HAT
Cherry Cobbler card stock & Perfect Pennants Bigz Die

EYEBROWS
Basic Black card stock "nipped" with the teeny postage-stamp punch

EYES
So Saffron card stock & 1" Circle Punch 
Soft Suede card stock & largest circles in the Owl Builder punch 

Nose

After adhering all the pieces to the front, I used a Basic Black Marker to draw the mouth. That's it!
Just curious... do you have any Grinches in your family? What do you do to keep them happy... lots of eggnog and wine???  :) 


Pin It!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...