Wednesday, October 17, 2012

shoebox swap - part 3

I'm wrapping up the shoebox swap posts today with a Christmas card designed by Lynn. You know how much I love all those yummy little details, and this card is full of them!!  :} 
I mean, how can you not love a card that has both heat embossing AND dry embossing??!! 
We used the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder on the Whisper White layer before adhering it to the Island Indigo card base. The images (Ornament Keepsakes) are stamped in VersaMark ink, with the smaller image heat embossed using White Embossing Powder and the ornament heat embossed using Silver Embossing Powder. Both images were die cut in the Holiday Ornaments Framelits
I tried something a teeny bit different... instead of trimming the straight ends of the DSP strips, I left a tiny bit to go past the edge of the Brushed Silver card stock, and then folded the ends under. I really like this "finished" look, and I'll be trying it again soon! 

Well, I'd better get my rear in gear. I'm volunteering at the grade school's Book Fair today. It makes my heart so happy how much these students love to read!   Have a wonderful day  :}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...