Thursday, October 18, 2012

creating a new border

Did you ever have one of those days that time seems to be moving in "fast forward" and you feel like you spend the whole day running to catch up? Today was kinda like that for me... just not enough hours in the day! It didn't help that I've made three trips to the Post Office in the past two days. I had some packages to mail to my downline, so I went out yesterday afternoon to the village Post Office, where at 4:02pm I learned they close at 4pm. Now, I could have driven into town to a larger Post Office, and I should have looked at ALL of the posted hours... but I didn't. Apparently, as I learned today at 11:15am, they close during part of the day for lunch. Good grief. Third trip was a charm! Between this errand, all the others, and a volunteer stop at the grade school this afternoon, I'm thinking that I have a slow leak in one of my tires - grrrr! Well, at least I have something really neat to share with you today!! 
This quick and easy Halloween card uses some of my favorites (Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP, Tricky Treats stamp set). The layout is simple and easy to duplicate - I made it fun and interesting with just a few details. Distressing the edges of the More Mustard card stock adds great texture, aaaand... 
check out that awesome border!!! It's stinkin' cute, and ridiculously easy. I just punched out two pieces of Tangerine Tango card stock using the Curly Label punch, cut them in half, and adhered them behind the More Mustard card stock. Easy Peasy! LOVE IT!!!!! Yes, it's these simple little moments that make me sparkle  ;)  

Well, it's time for me to get the kids ready for bed. And I'd better turn in early myself... I'm working in the school library in the morning, and then chaperoning Aaron's field trip to a pumpkin patch in the afternoon. Just wondering... why is it always cold and rainy every time I'm with a class field trip outside?  sigh
Time to break out the long-johns!  :P

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...