Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fancy Favor Packet

I am so bummed about not going to Leadership Conference this year! It's like all of your friends going to a great party while you stay home  :(  To add insult to injury, my phone says the current temperature (as I type this) is 64 degrees in San Antonio, while it's only 3 degrees here - and we won't even talk about the wind chill! Yikes!!
So, to cheer myself up, I made something pretty  :)  I got the idea from Heather Summers, who got the idea from Missy Shipman - two amazing demonstrators. I sat right behind Missy during one of the sessions at Convention and had the best time chatting with her - she is super sweet.
Isn't this just stinkin' cute??!! I had a lot of fun making this, and I finally put ink to my Creative Elements stamp set.  I started by die cutting Island Indigo textured card stock on my Big Shot using the Fancy Favor Bigz XL die. The tiny little scallops (tucked under the strip of Timeless Portrait DSP ) are punched using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.
The Lucky Limeade card stock is die cut using the Two Tags Bigz die, and is the perfect size to hold a gift card (the card tucks nicely under the little slit hiding under the blossom).
Of course I had to add all kinds of pretties like Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, and Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon. I created my blossom by punching out Cherry Cobbler textured card stock (five times) with the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch on the first (largest) setting. Each layer is spritzed with a Cherry Cobbler marker and Color Spritzer Tool, crumpled, and attached with Dimensionals. Then I used an Antique Brad {LOVE these} to attach the blossom to the tag.

Soooooo.... want to know how to make the packet???  Of course you do! It's super easy-
Die cut your paper or card stock on the Fancy Favor Bigz XL die. Then you need to do some cutting on a few of the score lines. In the above photo, you can see exactly where to cut. I wrote an "X" on the pieces you will discard.
Placing the front down onto your work surface, use your Bone Folder to get crisp folds on the bottom and side flaps.
Fold the bottom flap up first, then use a strong adhesive (Multipurpose liquid or Sticky Strip) to adhere the side flaps. Then, cover the back with the remaining panel. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!!

So, I'm thinking this will be great for Valentine's Day teacher gifts!! What are you going to do with yours?  :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...