Saturday, January 14, 2012

the Gift Box

Today I kicked off a new round of my Hostess club! It's soooo much fun to spend time stamping with friends. At my "breakfast club," my ladies get to eat some yummy breakfast goodies, drink coffee and juice, make a free project, and spend time working on their own projects. It doesn't get any better than that!
For the January club project, I came up with this cute little Valentine box using the Kraft gift boxes (these are awesome- $2.95 for four boxes!!) as the base. Then I added a bunch of pretty layers.
A torn strip of the Twitterpated Designer Fabric is tied in a simple knot to dress up the sides of the box. A 3-1/4" square piece of Twitterpated DSP is adhered to the lid. Then the fun begins...
I used the new Designer Rosette Bigz XL die and two 12" long strips of Twitterpated DSP to create the medallion. For the next layer, I die cut two circles of White Waffle Paper using the Circles #2 die. Those are adhered to a 1-3/4" punched circle of Whisper White card stock with SNAIL, and then adhered to the medallion. From the new Take It to Heart stamp set, I stamped the largest heart (in this project) in Riding Hood Red, and the other heart in Blushing Bride. After snipping both out, I adhered the larger heart to a layer of Blushing Bride card stock that was die cut with one of the new Hearts Collection Framelits dies. I used a Riding Hood Red marker to stamp the sentiment (from the Loving Thoughts stamp set), and then snipped that out and adhered it behind the larger heart. I used Dimensionals to attach the heart/banner layer. The smaller stamped heart and another punched heart (Small Heart) are attached with Glue Dots, and a teeny tiny Basic Pearl finishes it off. Love, it, love it, love it!! I so wish you could see it in person... it's even prettier. Especially since the hearts, banner, and DSP square are spritzed with my mixture of Frost White Shimmer Paint (in rubbing alcohol). If only I could capture that pretty shimmer with a camera, sigh.
So what are you giving to your Valentine this year?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...