Saturday, January 28, 2012

Xander's birthday card

Good morning! I'm off to a busy start this morning... car is back from the mechanic (just an oil change needed). The van is another story... looks like I'm buying an alternator today  :(  I just finished making the birthday card for one of Aaron's best friends, Xander, who is having his 5th birthday party this morning. Aaron is soooooo excited to attend!
Stamp set: I Dig You.  Card stock: Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, and textured Chocolate Chip.  Ink: Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip.  Accessories: Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon and 5/16" Jumbo Brad.  Tools: Big Shot, Two Tags Bigz Die, Crimper.


I needed the tag to be a little shorter, so after die-cutting it, I cut it in half and just adhered it together at the right length to fit behind my focal point.

To get the frayed ribbon fibers, start with a length of 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon, and trim along one side:
Then, holding the uncut white edge in one hand, use your other hand to pull out the long fibers from the weaving. It's a good idea to be ready to place the fibers where you want them right away, as they can quickly get messy  :}

Well, I'm off to the party! Have a great weekend!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...