Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Makeover Monday Challenge

So today I am patting myself on the back. Not only did I manage to get some stamping done while tending to a sick child who stayed home from school and a four-year-old whose energy knows no limits, I stepped outside my comfort zone and tried my very first challenge from a blog. Yay me!!
I decided to try the Makeover Monday Challenge #10 from the Paper Crafter's Library blog. Here's what I came up with:
I stamped the Woodgrain background stamp in Baja Breeze ink onto Baja Breeze card stock. Then I added a scrunched/ pinched strip of white Waffle Paper to the back before attaching it to a layer (3-5/8" x 5-1/8") of Island Indigo card stock. I adhered those layers to my Blushing Bride card base.
Next, I die cut Riding Hood Red card stock and Twitterpated DSP using the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die. The card stock butterfly is adhered directly to the card; the DSP butterfly is attached with Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment from the new Loving Thoughts stamp set in Island Indigo ink onto a strip of Whisper White card stock. Then I spritzed it with the Blushing Bride marker / Color Spritzer Tool, as well as my mixture of Frost White Shimmer Paint in rubbing alcohol. After trimming the ends, I attached the sentiment with Dimensionals. The small card stock butterflies are die cut using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit, and then adhered directly to the sentiment strip.

At the bottom of the card, I wrapped White Baker's Twine around three times, threaded the twine through the center of a Filigree Brad, and tied the ends into a bow.

This card was a lot of fun to make, and I'm so proud of myself for trying something different! If you like it, leave me a nice comment... if you don't, well, leave me a nice comment anyway  ;)  Just teasing! Thanks for stopping by my blog - have a wonderful day!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...