Wednesday, January 18, 2012

the sky's the limit

Even though it is freezing cold here, the sun is shining, which inspired me to work with some bright colors today. I grabbed the Up, Up, & Away stamp set and the à la card template from the December issue of Stampin' Success.
I used the Scallop Oval Frame Bigz die to die cut the Old Olive and Whisper White card stock. After stamping the birds and clouds directly onto the white oval, I masked the clouds and lightly sponged on some Tempting Turquoise ink. The balloon on the left uses the two-step stamping technique; both balloons are adhered with Dimensionals.

Remember my earlier post about using scraps? Seriously, I have issues... here's the scrap of ribbon I found in my Brights scrap drawer:
This is a little small, even for me to save. But I did... so I used it! I cut it in half and frayed the edges before adhering it behind the sentiment, which is punched out with the Small Oval punch.

Now for the fun part! I bumped up this card by making it an easel card:
Super cute, right??!!  It's so fun to have a way to display special cards  :)  The secret to keeping the card propped open is to attach something inside the card using Dimensionals, which creates an edge for the card-front to rest against. Click here to read an earlier post with more information about creating an easel card.

I hope this brightens your day, wherever you are. May it always be sunny in your craft room  :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...