Saturday, November 12, 2011

Easel Card

This easel card was one of my favorites from my Fun Folds class (yes, I have lots of favorites).
It's a standard size card (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") that can be propped open for display. Cute!! And really easy to create...
I scored a 4-1/4" x 11" (1/2 sheet of card stock cut the 'long way') piece of Island Indigo card stock at 5-1/2" and 9". Then, I folded the card stock in half at the 5-1/2" score. You will now have a score line on the front of your card base. This bottom part of the card gets folded up. Then I took a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Island Indigo card stock and adhered it to that folded up portion of the card base. So when the card is closed (flat), you won't see that there's an extra piece. I finished the front of my card with a layer of Lucky Limeade card stock and a layer of Whisper White card stock, stamped all pretty using using the Raining Flowers stamp set. The sentiment on the front is from the It's Your Day stamp set. A piece of Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon with a simple knot is the perfect embellishment.
On the inside of the card, I adhered a strip of Lucky Limeade card stock. I stamped the sentiment from Heard From the Heart in Island Indigo onto Whisper White, and adhered a strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock (punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch) behind it. Then I attached this piece using Dimensionals, so that when the card is opened, you can rest the bottom edge of the card front against the 'popped up' strip.
I know lots of friends and family who save every hand-stamped creation, and like to display them. This is the perfect card for that! Happy stamping!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...