Tuesday, November 8, 2011

a "step up"

At my last Technique Tuesday class (held the last Tuesday of each month), we made cards with fun and unique folds. The "center step" card has a really unique look. I like that it starts out with a half-sheet of card stock, and ends up the same size as a "simple fold" card.
stamp sets: Gently Falling, Hand-Penned Holidays
DSP: Spice Cake
card stock: River Rock, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
ink: More Mustard, Soft Suede, Pool Party Marker
ribbon: Chantilly Crochet Trim, Hemp Twine
other: Simply Scored, Color Spritzer Tool, Snips, Dimensionals

I stamped one (solid image) leaf in More Mustard ink at full strength; the other leaf is stamped off first to get a lighter shade. The outline image is stamped in Soft Suede. I know it's nearly impossible to see in the photo, but I spritzed a little Pool Party ink onto the leaves with the Color Spritzer Tool.
To get a little bit softer look with the Hemp Twine, I cut the length I needed, frayed one end, and then pulled it apart into two sections. The sentiment barely fits at the bottom, so I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to make sure I stamped in just the right spot.

As a bonus, I made up a little template for you so you can see where to score and cut your card stock to make these pretty cards at home  :)
Oopsies, one little detail that I forgot to add to the template... The "cut" lines are 1" in from each edge.

I look forward to sharing the rest of the Fun Folds cards we made at that class. I already posted the Diamond Fold card - click here to see that post. Have fun folding and stamping!!  :)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...