Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gift Tag

One of my husband's hobbies is making wine... and as a good wife, one of my hobbies is making sure he has enough empty bottles to refill  ;)
The handy part of having a good amount of wine in your basement, is that it makes a really nice gift. But, of course you can't give a friend a "naked" bottle.
The Pool Party card stock measures 5-1/2" x 4". I dry embossed the Very Vanilla layer using the new Snow Burst embossing folder. Very Vanilla Seam Binding makes a pretty bow, and holds the tag onto the bottle.
To make the medallion from the Spice Cake DSP, I used the Simply Scored to score a 12" long and a 6" long (1-1/2" wide) strip every 1/4". After accordion folding both strips, I adhered them together, and then adhered the ends together to form a loop. Then I pressed the loop flat onto a punched circle covered in Multipurpose Glue. I cut the Soft Suede scalloped circle using the Perfect Pennants Bigz L die and my Big Shot. I stamped the Triple Treat Flower three times in Soft Suede, More Mustard, and Pool Party ink, then punched each layer using the Fancy Flower, 5-Petal Flower, and 1/2" Circle punches. A Basic Pearl adds a nice finishing touch.
I love making the medallions with the Simply Scored! Right now I am working on a wreath similar to the one on p6 of the Holiday Mini Catalog. I can't wait to get it finished and share the pictures. Guess I'd better get back to work!  :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...