Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hey... Happy Birthday!

Today is my little brother's birthday! Sooooo, I'm sharing the card he'll be getting (late - aagh!) in the mail. 
I wanted a masculine card, but with a brighter color combination. I turned to the Color Coach for "advice" and chose the Creative Combination on the Island Indigo card, which suggests adding More Mustard and Lucky Limeade.  (Be sure to read to the end of the post for some information about More Mustard!) 

So what makes a "masculine card"... masculine? 
- texture (Argyle Embossing Folder, distressed and torn edges)
- masculine colors (I'll let each individual decide what that means, but for me it means neutrals, blues, "fall" colors) 
- a simple and/or clean design (I made this card in less than 10 minutes by keeping the details and layout easy) 
- no ribbon (in my humble opinion, Baker's Twine and Linen Thread are exempt from this rule  :P)
I also like to add "extra ink" by sponging edges and/or spritzing with markers and the Color Spritzer Tool
I'll bet you're wondering about those stamped images. Other than the "happy birthday" greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, the rest of the images are from the new Designer Typeset photopolymer stamps. They are completely clear, and are used with acrylic blocks

Apparently, even though my birthday isn't for another 2-1/2 weeks, I got an early birthday present this morning! 
I couldn't be more excited. I am especially pleased with the changes to the Subtles Collection! I have really missed Pear Pizzazz, and for those of you who haven't been stamping forever, you will really like Soft Sky.   :}     

 And here's a little "birthday present" for you... for whenever your birthday is! It's the card sketch for today's card - yay!! It would make me super happy if you "pinned" this sketch. After all, it's nice to share.   ;)  All you have to do is click that tiny little red "Pin it" button at the bottom of the post. Thanks!
  

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...