Wednesday, April 3, 2013

a fun color combination

While I was playing around with different color combos for my Spring Cards class at the bakery, I came up with this fabulous winner: Certainly Celery, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, and Calypso Coral. 
I really like how the Calypso Coral pops against the softness of the Certainly Celery. The Calypso Coral card stock layer needed... something. So, the Honeycomb Embossing Folder came to my rescue. And the layer of Tea for Two DSP at the bottom of the card was the perfect print. I tied Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine around the card twice, and then tied it into a bow before adhering my focal point.
Don't you hate it when a great stamp set goes unused for a while? Me too! I hadn't played with the Best of Everything stamp set in way too long, so I'm glad I was able to dust it off and ink it up! My Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso markers inked the "branch" image, which worked out great as a "little Spring tree" for this card. After stamping the flower image in Calypso Coral onto the same color card stock, I snipped it out and used it on my card instead of a button or brad. 
So what do you think? Is this a color combination you would like to try for a Spring card? I challenge you to try it! Maybe even start with a favorite card sketch and grab a stamp set that might just need a little stampin' action.   ;)   Have fun! 

Pin It!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...