Friday, April 5, 2013

playing with Certainly Celery

Well, since Stampin' Up! announced yesterday a little refreshing of the colors for the 2013-2014 Catalog, I thought it would be nice to play with some of the retiring colors a bit. Today I'm sharing two cards, both made with Certainly Celery for the card base.    

 This card was inspired by the scrapbook page I'm sharing at my class tomorrow. 
Don't you love this clean, simple design? I wanted the word SPRING to be the focus, so I kept the rest of the card rather monochromatic. A spritz from the Color Spritzer Tool adds just the right amount of "background."
I used markers (Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso, and So Saffron) to color the letters from the Occasions Alphabet stamp set, and punched them out with the Petite Curly Label punch. If you didn't get the chance to earn a free one during Sale-A-Bration, they are available for purchase now - yay!!

And this card is a very simplified version of my sketch #11
A layer of Tea for Two DSP creates the background... 
... and three images from the Spring Sampler stamp set, punched out and layered over card stock circles, create the focal point.  

***** I also wanted to play around with some of the returning colors, so I created a fun freebie for you to print. You can find it on my Facebook page. Have a fabulous weekend!! ***** 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...