Sunday, April 7, 2013

a pink princess card

I have two boys, so I don't create a whole lot of "girlie-girl" projects. I tend to overdo it with the pink when I'm making something for a little girl... just can't help myself! Today's card is very pink, but I toned it down a little bit by adding a layer of Brushed Silver card stock (dry embossed). 
I made this card for one of my neighbors to send to her niece. My neighbor, Fatima, has a sister who recently gave birth to twins. This has created the usual older-sibling tension for Fatima's niece, Amira. So I suggested that a pretty, girlie card would give Amira (who is affectionately called "princess") a little extra attention and cheer her up. I started with the You Rule stamp set, added lots of Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink, and finished with some bling to create the perfect card for a nice little girl. 
A fancy card needs extra special details. I used the Scallop Trim Border punch to create a delicate edge. Then I used the Scallop Trim Corner punch to create a pretty little ending on my 1/2" wide greeting strip. 
After adding some Rhinestones and Large Rhinestones, I spritzed the whole card liberally with my mixture of Frost White Shimmer Paint in rubbing alcohol. It only shows up a tiny bit in the photo, but trust me, it's super sparkly! I'm sure Amira will love it.   :}  

***** Need some pretty embellishments in your crafting stash? Get them now with FREE SHIPPING! The free shipping offer from Stampin' Up! only lasts through tomorrow, so don't delay. Be sure to check out my stampin' Rewards Spot to see what you can earn with your online order! ***** 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...