Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I've got Mojo, yes I do... I've got Mojo, how 'bout you?

You know when you get in a crafting groove and it just feels so awesome you can't stop??? I LOVE that feeling! And I love a good sketch that just "speaks" to me. This week's Mojo Monday sketch really grabbed my attention - I liked it so much I have both a card and a digi scrapbook page to share today!  Yahoo!!
My first Mojo Monday project was this card for a family friend who fell and broke his hip. I thought the bright colors in the Summer Smooches DSP might cheer him up a bit.
For my focal point, I stamped the vase-of-flowers image in Lucky Limeade ink, punched it out with the 1-3/4" Circle punch, and adhered it to the Lucky Limeade Scallop Circle. After cleaning my stamp, I stamped the image again in Island Indigo so I could snip out the vase and adhere it over the Lucky Limeade vase. The circle-flowers on the stamped image were a little small (in my humble opinion), so I used an eye from the Owl punch and a Circle punch (Itty Bitty Shapes pack) to create Real Red and Tangerine Tango card stock flowers. 

Now, as I said, this card sketch really, really "spoke" to me... so I used it to digi-scrap (My Digital Studio) a funny picture of my son, Aaron.  **Warning - you might need your sunglasses! It's pretty bright!  :P  

My husband's Aunt bought the boys new swim trunks and goggles for Easter. Aaron slipped the goggles on right away and went to play outside. He looked so stinkin' funny running around in nice clothes while wearing those neon-yellow goggles.  

Seriously, if you can still see after looking at this neon background, you are smiling now, aren't you??? Gotta love little boys! 
So how did I get that crazy color that matches the goggles??? I used one of my favorite features in My Digital Studio - the color picker tool. Stay tuned next week for more deets on that.  ;) 

Thanks for dropping in today! I'd love to hear what you think about the card or the digital scrapbook page - feel free to leave me a little comment. Have a fabulous day!!  :}


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...