Monday, November 26, 2012

simple, modern Christmas card

Hello stamping friends! Sorry for the inconsistent posting the last few days. Between traveling out of town for the holiday and fighting this cold, my head is "in the clouds." The cold, which started Thursday night, is winning the battle - grrr!  And while I really wanted to pound my phone into the floor when the alarm went off this morning, life goes on, and I didn't want to wait another day to share this cute card with you. 
This is my modern style Christmas card from my class at the bakery. To create that modern feel I used a clean design, eye-popping and unexpected colors, and lots of "white space." 
The Whisper White layer has two scored lines an 1/8" apart, a little strip of  Primrose Petals DSP folded over the top edge, and is adhered with Dimensionals. 
I stamped the greeting (Curly Cute stamp set) in Lucky Limeade ink, and then adhered the images. Those cute little Christmas images from the Merry Minis stamp set are stamped in Lucky Limeade, Primrose Petals, and Island Indigo ink, then punched out with the Merry Minis punches.    ***TIP: to adhere the images as evenly spaced as possible, I attached the center image first, then the outside images, and then the remaining two. 

While you are burning up the keyboard this Cyber Monday, don't forget all the great deals in the Online Extravaganza in my online store. Happy shopping:}



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...