Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, a day late, but no less heartfelt! I am thankful for so many things, including all of you who stop by and read my blog.  :) 
I was having coffee with a friend on Tuesday and I took her this card to express how thankful I am for our friendship - 
I created a really subtle background by inking the Parlor Prints background stamp in Crumb Cake ink, stamping off onto scratch paper, and then stamping onto my Crumb Cake card base. 
The Marina Mist layer is distressed along the bottom edge and punched with the Scallop Edge Border punch along the top edge. 
For the focal point I created three fun little paper flowers, and adhered them to a layer of Very Vanilla card stock that I spritzed with a Crumb Cake marker. I just love the Spritzing Tool, don't you??! 
After stamping the sentiment in Cajun Craze ink, I punched it out using the Jewelry Tag punch and tucked it behind a flower.
Aren't those layered paper flowers gorgeous? They are so easy to make!! Using the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle punch, I punched out five layers for each flower. After piercing a hole in the center, I used a brad to hold the layers together. Then I spritzed the top layer with a bit of water, and scrunched it up around the brad (so that it stuck straight up from the other layers). Spritzing and scrunching one layer at a time, I continued until all five layers curved upward around the brad. The layered paper flowers require a little bit of drying time, but they are so worth the wait! 

Because I know you are as thankful for card sketches as I am, here's my sketch for you to Pin or add to your collection - 
It doesn't get much easier than this, does it?  ;}   Have a wonderful weekend, and if you aren't too shopped out, don't forget about the Online Extravaganza, where you can score some amazing deals on the best craft supplies!! 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...