Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lovely As a Christmas Tree

I'll bet you have a few "oldies but goodies" in your stamp stash. You know, the ones that are just so perfect... too good to ever part with. For me, Lovely As A Tree is that stamp set. It's a classic! And that's why it works so well for a traditional Christmas card. 
Remember this template from the vintage Christmas card? It's such an easy card layout that we used it on two cards in my class at the bakery
For the background, I used a layer of Cherry Cobbler Core'dinations card stock. It adds just a hint of texture to my card. I chose not to add another layer in the background, allowing more of the Garden Green card base to show. 
The pine tree is stamped in Garden Green ink onto a 2"x4" layer of Whisper White card stock. My greeting (Petite Pairs) is also stamped in Garden Green. The 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon is the perfect compliment to this card. 

Don't you just love Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler together? I'm using this color combination in another class at the bakery on December 4th. I'd love for my local stamping friends to join me
 
There's a sign up sheet inside Wildflour Artisan Bakery & Cafe (256 West Main St, Decatur). If you're not too full after indulging in some sweets, be sure to check out the new renovations in the Root Cellar! 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...