Saturday, November 10, 2012

happy birthday, Marine Corps

I love, love, LOVE using Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio to create scrapbook pages! Especially with all the new features added in MDS2  :}   If you haven't checked for new updates in a while, be sure to do that ASAP! 
Did you know that today is the 237th birthday of the United States Marine Corps?! WOW. Celebrating it is quite a tradition, and my husband has many fond memories (and stories I won't repeat here) of those celebrations. 
As my husband digs up photos from his time in the Marine Corps, I create pages in the My Digital Studio program for him. This page highlights his time as a Tank Commander on an M-1A1 tank. Some day, I'll compile all the pages together into a book... but I might as well wait until he's done finding all those photos!
One of my favorite embellishments for vintage and/or masculine projects is digital tape. Here's a short video tutorial on how I used it on this page



Thanks for dropping by! And for all you Marines out there... OORAH!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...