Friday, November 30, 2012

Season's Greetings

Happy Friday!!!! Boy, am I happy to see the weekend! We had a busy schedule this week, and I think it felt even more crazy since I have this darn cold. I am feeling better, so hopefully I will be able to enjoy some "down time." 
I like to spend my free time stamping and digi-scrapping. While I have many friends who enjoy these hobbies as well, I know several others who enjoy quilting. Today's project, a "quilt card," brings them together. 
Isn't that just neat??! I know it's a star pattern, but I don't know which one. Quilters: feel free to leave a comment and clue me in. The best part, is that it's easy to create. I started with a Baja Breeze card base and added a 1-1/2" wide strip of Snow Festival DSP. I love how all of Stampin' Up!'s Designer Series Paper coordinates within each package. It makes a project like this simple, since I don't have to hunt for matching papers! My greeting (More Merry Messages) is stamped in Baja Breeze ink.
The star-quilt design is built on a 3" square of printer paper, and matted with a 3-1/4" square of Gumball Green card stock. 
To create this star pattern, choose three coordinating papers. 
Punch out five 1" squares from "print A" (snowflakes). Set four aside; cut one into four triangles.  
Punch out two 1" squares from "print B" (stars). Cut in half, diagonally. 
Punch out one 1" square from "print C" (flowers); cut it into four triangles.
Pick a corner, and adhere the first square (print A). Adhere the two adjacent triangles. Continue to adhere adjacent triangles until you reach the remaining corner squares.
*** note: The center square is empty, since I knew I would be stamping and punching out the ornament.  
***TIP: I find it easier to use a liquid adhesive on a project like this. It gives me a second to scoot the paper pieces together for a perfect fit.  :} 
 
So what do you think... something you would try? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Have a wonderful weekend!!  :}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...