Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lebkuchen anyone?

I love creating Lebkuchen in my stamping space... not so much in my kitchen. What are Lebkuchen?? Gingerbread!  :}   I think they are so stinkin' cute! Why would I reference these little guys in German? Because it's one of the few words I remember in German!! That's right - I can speak German... well a little anyway. Ich kann nur ein bischen erinnern. Seriously, it's depressing how much I've forgotten after 4 years in high school and a minor in German in college. Perhaps it was the "beginning of the end" for me in my last class for my minor - German literature. If you thought Nietzsche was confusing in English, try reading his works auf Deutsch
Anywho... I'm teaching a Christmas card class at the bakery tonight, and well, it's at a bakery!! I had to create a card with baked goods as a focal point, right?! 
Adorable  :}  And easy, too. I took a 3" wide strip of Gumball Green Core'dinations card stock, and just tore along the top and bottom edges. Over that I layered a 2" wide strip of Snow Festival DSP. 
My Lebkuchen cuties are stamped (Scentsational Season stamp set) in Soft Suede ink onto the same color card stock and die cut (Holiday Collection Framelits) through the Big Shot. After adhering them to the card with Dimensionals, I added Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to create the look of candy buttons. The sentiment (More Merry Messages) is also stamped in Soft Suede ink.

This card's too cute to not give you the sketch to go with it! It's one of my most favorite, easy-to-use card sketches. 

Ich wünsche deiner Familie ein gesegnetes Weihnachtsfest! 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...