Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Simply Scored background

While making a card using the Faux Tile technique a while ago, I thought it might be nice to score a plain piece of card stock to use as a background. I played around with a few things, and this is what I came up with:
 Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Whisper White
DSP: Frostwood Lodge                 Ribbon: Early Espresso 1/4" Grosgrain
Stamp Sets: Stitched Stockings, Christmas Greetings
Punch: Stocking Builder

I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink before scoring the Garden Green card stock. To get the scored lines at an angle, I made a template. First I cut a chipboard square, and then I cut it in half on the diagonal.
With the  template in the corner of my Simply Scored, I scored every 1/2 inch. Since the card stock edge is not up against the ruler, you have to count the grooves - every fourth line. After scoring the card stock from side to side, I rotated it 90 degrees and scored again.

That's it- pretty simple! It kind of reminds me of a warm quilted jacket, which (in my mind) goes nicely then with the Frostwood Lodge DSP... every time I use that DSP on a project, I want to grab some warm flannel PJs and stamp the night away  :)  Hmmm... maybe that's what I'll do tonight!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...