Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December team meeting

I love getting together with "my girls" for an evening of stamping! It's a great way to share ideas  :)
For our crafting time, I chose a "hybrid" project. I designed the image using My Digital Studio. Then the image was printed, trimmed to 8"x10", and framed (without the glass).
Actually, before framing, I added a long strip of Sticky Strip at the bottom, and pressed Mica Flakes into the adhesive. I also tied on some Cherry Cobbler 3/8" Quilted Satin Ribbon.
To add some finishing touches, I adhered several Basic Rhinestones to his antlers and the snowflakes. The sentiment from the Grateful Greetings stamp set is stamped in VersaMark® and heat embossed with Pewter Stampin' Emboss Powder.

Speaking of my team... yesterday I shared the news about Cassie's new baby boy, as well as the digital part of the "hybrid" card I'm sending to her. Would you like to see the finished card??? Of course you would!  :)
After printing and trimming, I added a layer of Old Olive card stock, and a little strip of Baja Breeze card stock punched using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. Before attaching that layer with Dimensionals, I tied on some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, which holds the "merry" sentiment (from Tiny Tags). I really like how it turned out!!  :)

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I love how the card for Cassie turned out! It is really cute. I can't wait to start using My Digital Studio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy- call me if you need help getting started with MDS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card too, it's going to go in his first scrapbook album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... Glad you like the card, Cassie :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...