Thursday, December 8, 2011

Candy Jar

For the Scrapbook Club December project, I chose a cute little candy jar. It looks cute on your desk at work, or makes a nice little gift for a co-worker, teacher, mail carrier, etc.
You might recognize the shape of this jar... maybe you have a few in your fridge??  :)   I save the empty jars and have my husband clean off the "goo" left behind when I peel off the labels. Then I run the jars and caps through the dishwasher.
For this jar filled with peppermint candies, I wrapped a strip (8-1/2"x1-3/4") of Frostwood Lodge DSP around the jar, and secured the end with Sticky Strip. I stamped the From Santa À la Carte stamp in Garden Green ink onto Garden Green card stock, punched that out with the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, and attached that piece with Dimensionals. I cleaned the stamp, and then inked it in Cherry Cobbler. Before I stamped it onto Whisper White card stock, I colored the words with the Early Espresso marker. I punched out the center of the image with the 1-3/4" Circle punch, and attached that piece with more Dimensionals. Then I added Dazzling Details to Santa's hat.
To cover the logo on the cap-
I inked the words from one of the stamps in Easy Events with the Early Espresso marker and stamped onto Cherry Cobbler card stock. Then I punched that out with the 1-3/4" Circle punch, and attached that piece to the cap using Sticky Strip. (How nice of that coffee company to make their caps the same size as one of my punches!!) Next I stamped three candies from Jolly Bingo Bits in Cherry Cobbler and snipped them out. One is attached flat, and two are attached with Dimensionals.

So that's one gift done... on to the rest!  :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...