Saturday, September 29, 2012

scrappin' Halloween

When I joined Stampin' Up! five years ago, I had visions of getting all caught up on my scrapbooking. Stop laughing. It didn't happen... it's not happening... it won't happen anytime soon. I get a little more done now than I did then... thank goodness for My Digital Studio! I spend a lot of time on each scrapbook page; sometimes it takes me a week or more to finish. So cards are naturally appealing to me as something I can finish in a short amount of time. 
Since I spend a lot of time making cards, I was really happy to get a scrapbook page done for my Halloween class at the bakery. 
I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use this in a new 8x8 album, or if I'm going to add this page on top of a 12x12 page. I like the new 8x8 size; it might help me get caught up on my scrapbooking a little faster  ;) 
Planning my class around the Ghoulish Googlies Bundle made choosing the colors easy (Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White). I added the Basic Gray for a little bit more contrast. 
The bat and the mummy are stamped in black StazOn ink and "fussy cut." After adhering them to the page with Dimensionals, I added the googly eyes... CUTE! 
My Big Shot got a good workout to create this page! The Spider Web Embossing Folder, Sweet Buttons Embosslit, and the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die all got to come out and play  :)

On a side note, I had a beautiful start to my morning. The boys both slept well and woke up in great moods. I successfully tried a new recipe for breakfast. And I got to sit on the deck in the sunshine drinking coffee, while chatting with my hubby. Well, chatting on the phone anyway. I was so glad to hear from him, since he was traveling all night. (Don't you just love how men don't need hotel rooms - they can just take turns driving... ugh.) Chris is traveling to Wyoming with some friends and his brother for an antelope hunt. If you have a moment, any thoughts and prayers for a safe trip would be appreciated :) 
While I'm not thrilled about his little vacation, I do hope they are successful. With the price of meat sure to go up soon due to our dry summer, it would be nice to have a freezer full of cheap meat. Hmmmm, I think a Pinterest search for antelope recipes would be a "productive" way to spend the afternoon, don't you?  ;) 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...