Monday, September 24, 2012

a "sweet" color combination

Here's another card we made at my birthday card class at Wildflour Bakery
Not only did all these new stampers get to enjoy some sweet desserts, I introduced this "sweet" color combination to them - Pool Party, Calypso Coral, and Gumball Green. I discovered how nicely these colors play together while fooling around with some card stock scraps. I LOVE how my card turned out! 
The tiny little scalloped strip of Gumball Green card stock is punched out using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. And the Calypso Coral layer is dry embossed through the Big Shot using the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder.
After stamping the sentiment (from the You're Amazing stamp set) in Gumball Green ink onto the same color card stock, I used my Big Shot again, but this time with a Framelit from the Apothecary Accents collection. And once I had my die-cut layer, I punched two tiny holes for the Printed Brads. Before adhering to my card with Dimensionals, I tucked three 1/2" wide strips of DSP behind the Gumball Green card stock. Super cute!!  :)
Thanks for stopping by to see today's birthday card... I'll have another one for you tomorrow. Happy Monday!!  ;}


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...