Tuesday, September 25, 2012

put on your Party Hat

I know you've been anxiously waiting to see another hand-stamped birthday card from my class at Wildflour Bakery  ;)  I feel like I'm getting to experience this fun class twice... the first time at the actual class, and then again by sharing them with you. I know I can count on you to "oooh" and "aaah" just like my stampers did at class time!  ;) 
I got my inspiration for this one from a card made by another demonstrator, but I can't remember where I saw it. So, to whomever gave me the starting point for this card - thanks! 
I love the layers and bright colors (Gumball Green, Pacific Point, Melon Mambo) on this card! I think that leaving a lot of Whisper White showing really helps the bright colors "pop" without being overwhelming. To add some subtle interest to the 3-3/4"x5" Whisper White layer, we dry embossed it through the Big Shot using the Stripes Embossing Folder. The images from the Pennant Parade stamp set are stinkin' cute, and the coordinating punch makes it fun and easy to use  :}
I almost used a layer of DSP behind the punched circle, but the Scallop Dots ribbon adds some more texture - which I really like! After punching out the pom-pom images, we added some tiny Rhinestones for the perfect amount of "bling"  :)
OK... one more birthday card to go, and then it's on to some Halloween projects! Oooh... aaah  ;)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...