Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Digital Studio "hybrid" project

Hello, stamping friends! I hope you are enjoying a nice weekend with your family  :}
I have a pretty "hybrid" project to share with you today... 
I created the background (the "picture" inside the frame) using My Digital Studio. I also used MDS for the scripture piece.  Then, I used real DSP and embellishments to make the project extra pretty  :} 

the details: 
I started my project in MDS as a 5x7 card, with a Melon Mambo background.
Over the top of the background, I layered a square punch, which I "paper-filled" with one of the Twitterpated DSP patterns (Blushing Bride - "Fancy Fan" design), and lowered the opacity to 40%.
The top layer is a stamp-brush from Eclectic Overlays in Early Espresso.
I printed my background onto photo paper.

*Tip: to make sure I was working within the measurements of my 4x6 frame, I added two rectangle punches to cover an inch at the top and an inch on the left. By color-filling them with Whisper White, it saves a tiny bit of printer ink  ;)

*Tip: in order to type my text the correct size for my frame, I started with the Digital Flag Punch. I added my text box over that, so I could choose the right font size. Before printing onto Very Vanilla card stock, I deleted the Flag Punch.

After printing the scripture onto the Very Vanilla card stock, I cut it to the size I wanted. For subtle detail, I stamped the background image from the Creative Elements stamp set in Crumb Cake ink ("stamping off" first for a lighter image), and used the same ink with a Sponge Dauber to sponge a hint of color onto the edges.
The background layer is framed behind the glass, and the card stock and DSP strips are adhered to the glass (using SNAIL adhesive), with the left edges tucked under the frame.
1/8" Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon and Linen Thread are strung through one of the new Naturals Designer Buttons (available to order June 1st), which is adhered to the frame using Mini Glue Dots. A tiny string of Pearls adds an elegant finishing touch. 

Thanks for dropping by my blog today! I hope you and your family have a blessed day!


Pin It!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...