Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Framelit meets Embossing Folder :)

At one of my recent Technique Tuesday classes, we played with the awesome Embossing Folders. I thought it would be fun to make one of our cards a little more masculine.
A simple design and "manly" colors are important elements in creating masculine cards. For this card I chose to use the Well Worn DSP, and I pulled my colors from there (Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla).
After die cutting Cajun Craze card stock on the Big Shot using a Framelit from the Labels Collection, I dry embossed the center using one of the little Designer Frames Embossing Folders. For some simple detail, I sponged Cajun Craze ink around the edges, and very lightly on the dry embossed oval. Using an image from the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set, I inked it up in Cajun Craze and then "stamped off" onto my Grid Paper before stamping the image onto Very Vanilla card stock. I like how the image is more muted - it works well for this card. The sentiment - from this same stamp set - is stamped in Not Quite Navy. The Extra Large Oval punch is the perfect size to fit in the center of the dry embossed oval. I sponged the edges with Cajun Craze ink before attaching my focal point with Dimensionals.

Oh, how I will miss the Well Worn DSP... it has great colors and patterns for masculine/boy themed cards and scrapbook pages. But everything must retire eventually... even the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set (sigh). On the flipside, that just means more goodies to buy when the new catalog is released June 1st!! Yay  :}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...