Wednesday, May 16, 2012

introducing Gumball Green

It's funny how tastes change... even when it comes to color preferences. When I was younger, I really did not like the color green. Now, I can't get enough of it! I was happy to see a "green" in the new In Color Collection - Gumball Green. Oh, I'm going to have so much fun using this color!! Here's a cute card I whipped up last night for a friend:
I dry embossed the Gumball Green layer using the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder. My image/ sentiment - from the Easy Events stamp set - is stamped in Early Espresso ink, and then colored in using Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit markers. I layered Summer Starfruit card stock (die cut through my Big Shot using one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits) behind the focal point for added oomph.
I wanted "just a little something extra," and while my friend loves details and embellishments, ribbons and bows aren't really her "thing." So I grabbed one of the new Naturals Designer Buttons and some Linen Thread for the perfect finishing touch.

Oh, I have so many yummy plans for this new color... but I better tackle my "To Do" list first. Our annual subdivision rummage sale is this weekend, and I'm not quite ready yet...


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...