Monday, May 14, 2012

Betsy's Blossoms sneak peek

Did you ever end up almost late for something because an idea jumped into your creative brain, that you just had to make right then? That's totally what happened to me this morning! While I was eating breakfast, an idea for a card flew into my head using the new Betsy's Blossoms stamp set.
I could picture this pretty little creation and each detail, and I knew it would only take a few minutes...  I stamped a simple background using Raspberry Ripple ink and card stock. Then I tied two pieces of Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon around that layer. For added interest, I adhered the background layer to the Early Espresso card base using Dimensionals.
For my focal point, I stamped the largest flower in the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set in Summer Starfruit ink onto Very Vanilla card stock. I wasn't crazy about how it looked punched out with a circle punch, so I took a few seconds and hand cut this pretty blossom with my Paper Snips. After adhering it to the card with Dimensionals, I added a Large Basic Pearl to the center for that perfect finishing touch.

Luckily I made it to my youngest son's Mother's Day program at school... just in time. The 4K teachers at the school do such a wonderful job! The kids sang songs about Mommies, sat with us for a story time, and served us muffins and juice. We even had a lovely "corsage" waiting for us when we arrived!
Such a clever project! Who knew you could make a styrofoam cup so cute??! Love it  :}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...