Friday, May 4, 2012

Box in a Bag

Hello, stamping friends! Do you ever make something that's so cute, you want to squeal with delight, like when you were little??? That's how I felt about my projects from my Technique Tuesday class - Three in 3D. Here's one of the adorable little cuties we made:
Oh my goodness, super cute, right?! I think these would be fabulous to wrap up little gifts for Teacher Appreciation Week (which is next week already, yikes!) I wish I could take credit for inventing this awesome gift bag, but I can't. I found the directions (from the mega-talented Diana Gibbs) on Splitcoast Stampers. And because I love my readers so much, here's the link to the directions for you  :}
Concord Crush and Pear Pizzazz play so nicely together, don't you think?? The flower image from the Mixed Bunch stamp set is stamped in Concord Crush onto the same color card stock, and punched out using the Blossom punch. The flower center (also from Mixed Bunch) is stamped in Pear Pizzazz ink onto Pear Pizzazz card stock, then punched out using the 1" Circle punch. A Concord Crush Glimmer Brad takes the cuteness level "over the top!"
For the "handles," I stamped the tab image from Perfect Punches, and punched that out using the Round Tab punch. I'm sad to see the Round Tab punch retiring... it's quite handy!
After punching holes in my handles with the Crop-A-Dile™, I loosely tied the bag shut with a piece of Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding. Over that knot, I added another piece of Seam Binding and a bow of Concord Crush Stitched Poly Ribbon.
*** Technique Tip - if you want to add a punched border (or ruffled ribbon - that would be cute!!) peeking out from the top of the gift bag, attach that piece before adhering the DSP to the box-bottom. On this gift bag, I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful evening, and a great start to your weekend!  :}

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! Concord Crush and Pear Pizzaz are a great color combo. Perfect for teacher appreciate goodies or Mother's Day! TFS Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...