Tuesday, August 16, 2011

family time

Apologies for the long break in posts... I took a little break to spend some more family time. For those of you who don't know, my husband (a synthetic - organic chemist) was laid off at the end of January. While he continues to keep a positive attitude and diligently search for a new position, it has been challenging emotionally. We needed some "fresh air," so we took a short trip to visit family. I even got to spend a whole day with my niece, Olive, who is almost 4 months old. I just love her to pieces! I'll have a digital scrapbook page to share with you later, but in the meantime, here's today's card:

This card features the "striped wipe" technique. It's super easy! On the 4"x5-1/4" layer of Glossy card stock, I made the striped background using a baby wipe and 4 colors of Classic Ink Refill (Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Blushing Bride, and Poppy Parade). All you have to do is fold up a baby wipe and add a few drops of ink on the front of one of the folded edges. Then just drag the wipe along the Glossy card stock.
The focal point uses the Hello Blossoms stamp on page 7 of the Summer Mini. I used markers to "ink" the stamp (Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Blushing Bride, Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, and Always Artichoke). A bit of 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Old Olive adds a nice finishing touch.
Have fun experimenting with different color combinations on your next background!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...