Thursday, August 18, 2011

faux Mother of Pearl

I LOVE the faux Mother of Pearl technique! What a great way to add elegance to your project. And, it's really easy...  Stamp (and color if desired) your image on Glossy card stock. I recommend using StazOn® ink to stamp with. Pour a tiny bit of Frost White Shimmer Paint onto a plastic lid or foam plate. Crumple up a ball of cling wrap, and tap it into the Shimmer Paint. I like to pounce once onto scrap paper, just to make sure I don't get too much paint on my project. Gently pounce / tap your "inked" cling-wrap-ball over your stamped Glossy card stock. A little goes a long way; you don't want too much paint on your project. Let the Shimmer Paint dry, and then the magic happens. Using a sponge or a brayer, add ink over the Glossy card stock. Start with a small amount of ink first, you can always add more. I like to have lighter and darker spots on my pieces.

I love how this card turned out! I used the Strength & Hope stamp set - only a few days left to order this set, which Stampin' Up! will donate a portion of the sales to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation®.  {Click here for more information and a short video.} The unique color combination is Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral.


I used the new Delicate Doilies stamp set for this card. The colors are Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede, and Calypso Coral. So pretty!  :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...