Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hostess Stamp Club - August project

I had so much fun with my stamp club last night. They are the nicest ladies, and spending time with them always brings a smile to my heart. My club members get three hours of crop time, plus a project I provide for them. Last night we made this pretty little bookmark using the Clearly for You stamp set.

Ink colors: Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler
Punches: 1-1/4" Circle, 1-3/8" Circle, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle, 3/16" Corner

The background image is inked with Island Indigo, and "stamped off" before stamping on the Very Vanilla card stock in order to make the background lighter.


The butterfly image is stamped first in Cherry Cobbler ink. Then, to give it a little extra sparkle, it is stamped a second time (right on top) with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. To do this, gently shake up your bottle of Shimmer Paint. Then dip a sponge dauber into the lid. Use your "inked" sponge dauber to dab directly onto the stamp. Then, using a Stamp-a-ma-jig® for placement, stamp right over the image.
I love using Shimmer Paint to add special little details to my projects. It is available in three colors - Champagne Mist, Frost White, and Platinum - in my online store.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...