Thursday, March 17, 2011

Baja Breeze

Baja Breeze is one of my favorite colors... which gives me a little giggle. Why? Well, Baja Breeze used to be an In Color. When it was, I used it occasionally. When Stampin' Up! did the big color renovation this July, Baja Breeze earned a spot in the Subtles Collection. This time Baja Breeze just clicked for me. Perhaps it has a little something to do with the other new colors I can put with it??? Anyway, I have been using Baja Breeze like crazy for the past few months.
While I have been using a lot of Baja Breeze, it was interesting to see what the Color Coach suggested for color combos. The "Dynamic Duo" colors are Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy. The "Creative Combination" colors are Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, and Basic Gray. The "Sweet Set" colors are Baja Breeze, More Mustard, and Cherry Cobbler.

This card went together quickly. I used the Scallop Trim Border Punch along both sides of a strip of Baja Breeze card stock. The sentiment is from the Thank You Kindly stamp set.

I used my Big Shot to die cut Whisper White card stock on the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die. If you don't have this die, you absolutely NEED it ;)
I sponged the edges with Baja Breeze ink. Then I added some shimmer with my mixture of Frost White Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol. Lovin' the shimmer!

This card also went together quickly :) Don't you just love the Seam Binding??? I have it in every color.

Now, I never would have put these colors together on my own... which is silly, because it's basically a red/yellow/blue combination. We made this at my Spring card class. Everyone's favorite part (other than my brilliant use of the Jolly Holiday DSP)??? The Vintage Flower Adornment in the center of the flower!! They are so pretty! You get 24 in a container: 8 each of Baja Breeze, Rose Red, and Very Vanilla.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...