Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Always Artichoke

Always Artichoke is another color that sat "unloved" for many years until Stampin' Up! did the big color renovation. It is now a regularly used color in my projects :)
The Color Coach lists the "Dynamic Duo" as Always Artichoke and River Rock. The "Creative Combination" colors are Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, and Bashful Blue. The "Sweet Set" colors are Always Artichoke, So Saffron, and Cajun Craze.

This cute little 3x3 card uses the Apple Blossoms Hostess stamp set.


The bird is from the Punch Potpourri Hostess stamp set, and then punched out using the Two-Step Bird punch. I used the same punch to create 2 branches from Always Artichoke card stock. After dry embossing with the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, I spritzed the de-bossed side of the crumb cake card stock with a Crumb Cake marker and the Color Spritzer Tool.

I really like how this card turned out, and I'm not sure I would have put these colors together on my own. Yay Color Coach!! ;)
The Always Artichoke card stock is dry embossed with the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder. I used the Build a Blossom stamp set and the coordinating Blossom Petals punch to create the flower. The sentiment is from the Thank You Kindly stamp set.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...