Thursday, March 24, 2011

Garden Green

Garden Green has always been a little tricky for me... not sure why. I guess I just don't connect as well with this color. I'm glad I have my Color Coach to guide me :)
My goal for today's cards was to use a stamp set I just love, and HAD to buy as soon as I saw it over a year ago. I still love Fox & Friends, but don't use it enough. So, I challenged myself to use it on all of today's cards... while at the same time using up scraps from my scrap drawers. (Hence, the retired ribbons.) Other than the 2 standard-sized card bases, all the other pieces came from my scraps. To keep things simple, I stuck with basically the same layout for each card.

The "Dynamic Duo" colors are Garden Green and Wild Wasabi. I used markers to ink my stamp so I could have both colors on my turtle :)


The "Creative Combination" colors are Garden Green, More Mustard, and Chocolate Chip. After stamping the lion onto the Whisper White card stock, I inked and stamped his face two more times and then cut out the mane and face using my snips.


The "Sweet Set" colors are Garden Green, Bashful Blue, and Tangerine Tango. I used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder to add texture to the Garden Green background.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...