Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mojo Monday 228

There's nothing like a good card sketch to get your stamping "mojo" going for the day... well, that and a few cups of coffee! For today's post, I used the Mojo Monday 228 sketch. 
I turned to my trusty companion - the Color Coach - for the colors on this card. I used the 'Dynamic Duo' of Always Artichoke and River Rock. Then I pulled in some white to lighten it up.
I wanted to add interest to the Always Artichoke background layer, so I dry embossed it using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. Then, I used a Sponge Dauber to brush on some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.
The Paisley Petals DSP takes its place in two spots on this card... once as a strip and once as a die cut. To make that nice little die cut, I used the third largest Framelit from the Labels Collection. Wanna see how??? Taadaa!! I have a short video for you today!


Here's a close-up of all those yummy details and layers on my card-
The Artichoke 3/8" Denim Jean Ribbon looks great on this card! I'm glad I finally used it - what a wonderful texture! This ribbon would work great on masculine cards... which is a good thing for me since I have a hard time not using ribbon  ;)
The leaves, from the Build a Blossom stamp set, are stamped in Always Artichoke ink onto the same color card stock, and then punched out with the Blossom Petals Builder punch. The sentiment is actually two stamps from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set - an excellent set to have on hand. I stamped them in Always Artichoke ink onto a scrap of River Rock card stock.
The Paper Daisies - which I really need to use more - look great on this card. To add interest, I spritzed them liberally with my mixture of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (in rubbing alcohol). I just {love} the look of it! A Basic Pearl in the center of the flower and a Large Basic Pearl add just the right amount of elegant bling to finish the card.

Thanks for stopping by - have a wonderful day!!  :}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...