Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jodi's card

It's been a while since I got to make a "baby" card, which I always like working on. So, I was happy to have a reason to use some soft colors for this card.
The little boy I babysit in the morning is going to have a little sister soon, and this card is for his Mom. It's a nice feeling to actually have the card ready before the baby is born - an unusual thing for me to do  ;)
Adhered to the Blushing Bride card base is a layer of Nursery Nest DSP. Over that I added a 1" wide strip of Perfect Plum card stock, which has the sentiment from Sweetly Said stamped in Perfect Plum ink. Then I added a piece of Blushing Bride 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon... so pretty!
For the focal point I stamped the rattle from Button Buddies in Blushing Bride ink onto Whisper White card stock, die cut the image using the smallest Framelit in the Labels Collection, and sponged the edges with Blushing Bride ink. After tying a bow of white Baker's Twine through a Perfect Plum Designer Button, I used two mini Glue Dots to adhere the button to the rattle image. I used the second smallest Framelit to die cut a layer of Pear Pizzazz card stock, which I already dry embossed using the Snow Burst Embossing Folder. After tucking it behind the stamped layer, I used Dimensionals to attach the piece to my card.
For some additional "prettiness" I stamped another rattle on the front of the envelope and added more Nursery Nest DSP to the envelope flap. And while I can't wait to give this card to Jodi, I really can't wait to meet this new little bundle of joy  :}

Thanks for stopping by today! If you have an extra minute, stop by Tiffany Bauer's blog. She chose one of my cards as one of her "Crafty Picks" for the week!! I am so honored to be among this group of talented stampers! Have a fabulous day!!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...