Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day!

Every time Groundhog Day rolls around I get that old Sonny and Cher song stuck in my head for a few weeks (thanks to the Bill Murray movie). "I got you, babe..." Even though it is very cloudy here today, I'm sure the groundhog saw his shadow. I mean, we've hardly even had winter yet, so I'm sure we'll spend the next six weeks making up for it!   ;}
Anywho, today is my friend Nikki's birthday. I made her the cutest little card, that is in the mail, but will arrive a wee bit late. But, I'm sure she'll forgive me when she sees how adorable it is.
This card was totally inspired by my years of teaching Kindergarten! I decided to use Crumb Cake to make my punch-art groundhog. Then I used the Color Coach to choose the Bashful Blue and Real Red.
I tore strips of Chocolate Chip card stock to make the "ground," and the groundhog is attached to a small craft stick. Here's a view of him popping up:
I stamped the sentiment (from Elementary Elegance) in Soft Suede ink, which is the ink I used to sponge the punched pieces. I can't wait 'til Nikki opens her card!

Have a super fun Groundhog Day!!   :}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...