Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sweet Centers Halloween

I have to admit that I don't use the Sweet Centers stamp set as much as I'd like. It does take a little bit more time to make a card with this set, and time is something I wish I had more of. So I was really happy the other day when I had a few extra minutes to make a Halloween card with this set. In case you have ever wondered how to use this stamp set and the Circle Treat Cups, I took a few pictures as I was working.
This is the finished card, which measures 5" x 3-1/2". I took my color cues from the candy corn - Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White - and added Wisteria Wonder and Basic Black for contrast. So, here's how it all came together...
I inked my stamp in Wisteria Wonder, and then colored the spider image and smaller words with a Basic Black marker before stamping onto Whisper White card stock. I punched out the center image with the 1-1/4" Circle punch. Then, I punched out the remaining center with the 1-3/4" circle punch, and discarded that "ring." After trimming the outside image with my Snips, I attached it to a 3" x 2-3/4" layer of Pumpkin Pie card stock. Lining up the 1-3/4" Circle punch over the hole, I punched through the Pumpkin Pie card stock. I layered the "eek" sentiment onto Basic Black punched with the 1-3/8" Circle punch, and set my two pieces off to the side.
Using the focal point image as a guide for the placement of the treat cup, I punched my card base with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch. Then I filled a Circle Treat Cup with candy corn, removed the backing, and adhered a layer of heavy duty aluminum foil that I punched with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch.
To make it easier to line up the card base and the treat cup, I pressed my finger (gently) along the inside rim to indent the foil. Then I used Sticky Strip to attach the treat cup to the card base.
The treat cup is attached to the front of the card; I kept the treat cup on the desk and placed the card over it. This is the inside view of the card. It will be very easy to get the candy out  :)
Next, I worked on the front of the card. I tied on the ribbon first, then attached the focal point using dimensionals. To finish the card, I attached a Mini Brad to the sentiment and adhered that to my card using a dimensional.
So, here's the finished card again...
I hope you think it's as cute as I do :) Luckily there's a stamp in this set to make your Circle Treat Cup look like an ornament, so I get to make some Christmas cards with Sweet Centers... just as soon as I find another extra minute ;)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...