Wednesday, October 26, 2011

September à la card

Every month I look forward to getting my Stampin' Success in the mail. Stampin' Success is a monthly magazine from Stampin' Up! exclusively for demonstrators. It's full of great project ideas & samples, business tips, product & technique instructions, and demonstrator recognition. Each issue has a card template (or two), for one (or two) of the cards featured in an article. And each month I challenge my team to make a card using the à la card template. Then we have a little "show and tell" time to start our meeting... you're never too old for "show and tell, right???
The September à la card proved to be a bit of a stumper, as it was a rather unique design with three larger elements on the front. (The sample card from the article had die cut letters for the word "boo.") So here's my take on the September à la card template:
The leaf and acorn images are from the Gently Falling stamp set; the sentiment is from Grateful Greetings. The More Mustard card stock has a top fold, and the folded card base measures 5-1/4" square. The 4-1/2" square layer of Pool Party textured card stock is crumpled and distressed, spritzed with my Soft Suede marker, and lightly sponged in Soft Suede ink.
Leaf on the left: I inked the solid image in River Rock, then I used a sponge dauber to apply random spots of Soft Suede ink before stamping onto Very Vanilla card stock. It's very subtle, but I think it adds depth. I stamped the outline image in Soft Suede.
Middle leaf: The solid image is inked in More Mustard, but stamped off one time before stamping onto the Very Vanilla card stock. The outline image is in Soft Suede.
Leaf on the right: I inked the solid image in Pool Party and very lightly stamped off first. The outline image is in Soft Suede.
Acorn: I used More Mustard and Soft Suede markers to ink the solid image, and very lightly stamped off first.
All of the images got a light spritz with the Color Spritzer Tool & my Soft Suede marker AND several spritzes of my rubbing alcohol / Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint mixture. Oh, how I wish the camera could capture the beauty of this shimmer.
Tip: the beautiful 2-step images in Gently Falling will not line up exactly - very close, but not precise. When you want to snip out the images, follow the lines of the outline image and you will have great results.

Stampin' Success is just one of the MANY perks of joining the Stampin' Up! family. There are still a few days left to join and get a FREE Big Shot. Click here for details on this promotion, watch a short clip, and to learn more about Stampin' Up!. You can even join my team right from my website. If you already have some of the goodies in the Starter Kit, you can swap for a different item - it's super easy to change when you sign up online. Click here to watch some short clips showing you projects you can make with your new Starter Kit.
If you have any questions, just email me (stamp_pad@wi.rr.com).

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...